Success By 6TM Leadership Council
Wendy Smith, Chair
Publix Super Markets
David Adkins, Vice Chair
Herald-Tribune Media Group
Keith DuBose, Esq., Past Chair
Matthews, Eastmoore, Hardy, Crauwels & Garcia, P. A.
Clerk of Circuit Court
Sarasota County Government
Lori M. White
The School Board of Sarasota County Florida
Marie Byrd-Blake, Ed. D.
Sarasota County Health Department
Success By 6TM supports the following programs:
The "Ready, Set, Grow! Getting Ready for Kindergarten" Calendar
The "Ready, Set, Grow! Infant to KindergartenFamily Fair
WHAT IS SUCCESS BY 6™?
Success By 6™ is investment: Community resources are leveraged and pay dividends as young children access services and opportunities to enter school ready to learn.
Success By 6™ is collaboration: Partnerships between public and private organizations combine expertise and resources.
Success By 6™ is prevention: Insuring healthy early child development prevents serious problems in later years.
Since 1989, United Ways across the country have been investing in early childhood through Success By 6™, an early childhood initiative begun in Minneapolis in 1988. United Ways convene community leaders to coordinate the efforts of business, government, labor, education, heath and human service providers. Key Success By 6® strategies are: raising awareness about early childhood development, improving access to critical health and human services and advocating for public policy that supports all children.
WHY SUCCESS BY 6™?
Success By 6™ focuses on early childhood development and is spearheaded by thirteen community leaders.
Medical and scientific research shows that:
- 90% of the brain is developed by age 3.
- The return on investment is $17.00 for every $1.00 we spend on children 0 - 6.
Building relationships between the private and public sectors creates a shared vision in the community for all children to succeed.
- Since May 2002, 1408 children have received Success By 6™ Emergency Childcare scholarships.
- Over $455,000 has been raised to support these scholarships.
- Over 10,000 "Ready, Set, Grow! Getting Ready for Kindergarten" Family Calendars have been distributed to local families, preschools and libraries each year.
- The sixth annual "Ready, Set, Grow" Infant to Kindergarten Fair was held at Westfield Sarasota Square Mall with 49 agencies and over 4,000 attendees.
For more information on Success By 6™, please contact: